There are writing tips. And then there are writing tips. And there are some more.
Writing Forward has 22 of them.
2. Read as much and as often as you can. Remember, every writer is a reader first.
3. Keep a journal or notebook handy at all times so you can jot down all of your brilliant ideas.
9. Read works by highly successful authors to learn what pleases publishers and earns a pretty penny.
10. Read works by the canonical authors so you can understand what constitutes literary achievement.
15. Start a blog. Use it to talk about your own writing process, to share your ideas and experiences, or to publish your work to a live audience.
18. Let go of your inner editor. When you sit down to write a draft, refrain from proofreading until that draft is complete.
Read the full story here: The 22 best writing tips ever